Water Heaters in Buffalo
Water Heaters in Buffalo
A hot water heater is one of those home appliances we can’t live without. We depend on hot water for our daily chores like showers, laundry, dishes and cleaning. These days, the average water heater lasts 8-12 years. This means that the typical homeowner will replace their water heater 2-3 times over their lifetime. However, recent advances in water heater technology have increased the life span of this appliance we rely on every day. When your water heater fails to function adequately, it is normally due to one of three causes:
- The thermostat that controls the water heater needs to be replaced.
- The water supply to the water heater is blocked
- Your heater’s water storage tank has malfunctioned.
At Roy’s Plumbing, Heating and Cooling, we install and repair water heaters from all manufacturers. Most water heaters are usually a round tank with a heat source that heats water from the bottom of the tank and also maintains and stores the heated water until it is used. A single family home typically requires a water heater with a 40 to 50 gallon glass-lined steel tank. The fuel types used to power the heat source can be either gas (natural or propane) or electricity.
We sell, furnish and install industry leading hot water tanks with a number of warranty options. We also provide routine preventative maintenance and service to extend the life of your water heater.
Hot Water Heater Installation Process
Our plumbing team at Roy’s Plumbing, Heating and Cooling has installed thousands of water heaters for Buffalo/Western New York area homeowners. In fact, if your home was built in the 90s we may have even installed the water heater you are calling about. Once you setup a call for us to come out to replace your water heater, here’s what you can expect:
- We’ll determine the size of your new water heater.
- We’ll find a hot water tank that makes sense with your budget.
- Traditional water heaters come in a number of different sizes from 40 gallon all the way up to 120 gallons. It is possible to upsize or downsize your water heater to accommodate your needs.
- Water heaters range in price from a couple of hundred of dollars to a few thousand.
Factors that will determine how much you will pay for your water heater include:
- Energy efficiency rating: the higher the rating the lower the annual operating cost will be
- Warranty length: we offer standard 6 year warranties on our tanks and a 1 year labor warranty. You can extend the life of your tank with 10 and 15 year warranty options.
- Hot water tank installation done right: Did you know that water heaters are the number one appliance to cause accidents and injury? It is important that you have a licensed and insured plumbing contractor install your new water tank. The plumber should also be willing to pull a permit upon your request where his work can be inspected by a local plumbing inspector. Roy’s will install your new hot water tank bringing it up to today’s plumbing code and standards.
Types of Water Heater Options
- Tankless water heaters
- Gas water heaters
- Electric water heaters
- Direct vent water heaters
- Storage Tanks
Roy’s Plumbing, Heating & Cooling specializes in home improvement installations and repair services. Family-owned and operated since 1974, we’ve built our reputation on four decades of superior customer care and expert service. With quality, reliability and efficiency always in mind, Roy’s Plumbing, Heating & Cooling is committed to providing outstanding service and quality work. In 2012, Roy’s was named Buffalo’s Best Plumber by Artvoice, a popular newsweekly.