Pipe Repair in Buffalo
Pipe Repair in Buffalo, NY
Piping and valves comprise a home’s plumbing system, and while pipes are normally quite reliable, when one bursts that can obviously lead to a massive problem. Likewise, while the valves that stop the flow of water are reliable as well, they need to be properly maintained to ensure they continue to function. At Roy’s Plumbing, Heating and Cooling, we have provided pipe and valve repair services in Buffalo and Western New York for nearly 40 years. So whether you need an emergency pipe repair or routine valve maintenance, you can bet that Roy’s technicians have the experience and expertise to handle it all.
Obviously, a burst pipe is a huge emergency that requires fast and decisive action. An incredible amount of water can quickly escape in a relatively short time, causing electrical and structural damage that can be both hazardous and costly. Roy’s technicians are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week to take care of any pipe repair emergency you may experience and because our trucks are fully stocked with equipment, you can rest assured we have everything we need to fix your problem as quickly as possible.
Burst Pipe Emergency Plan in Buffalo
If you experience a burst pipe, there are some steps that you can take to keep damage to a minimum:
- Determine the source of the water supply to the leaking pipe and immediately shut it off. If you are unable to locate that particular supply, find your home’s main water supply and shut it off.
- Turn off your water heater.
- Turn on the hot water taps to help drain the system.
- Shut off your power if the leaking pipe is near any electrical appliances to eliminate the chance of electrocution.
- If you can find the hole from where water is escaping, seal it with some gapless tape and apply pressure by attaching a piece of rubber.
- Call Roy’s immediately so we can dispatch someone to your home as fast as possible.
Reducing the Risk of a Pipe Emergency
There are also some things you can do to help reduce the chances of a pipe bursting:
- Open your loft trap door to introduce heat when the weather is cold.
- Insulate your water supply pipes.
- Shut your water off and drain all the water from your pipes if you are leaving your home for more than a week.
- Find your main shut-off valve and label it in case you need to act quickly.
Valve Repair Service in Buffalo
Your plumbing valves are located throughout your water system. You can find them under your sinks, near your water heater, dishwasher and clothes washer, and behind your toilets. On your main water line, there is a valve that allows you to shut off your home’s water supply.
Different valves are built in different ways and used for various functions. Like anything else mechanical, however, valves can fail due to the corrosive nature of water. Roy’s can repair and replace all types of valves or add valves to your home as necessary.
Call Roy’s for all Your Service and Repair Needs
At Roy’s Plumbing, Heating and Cooling, our technicians always arrive on time and perform all work up to code with top grade material, assuring your family and home’s safety. Work is done efficiently and upon completion, all jobs are followed by a thorough clean up, and complete respect is given to your home. Pipe repair is not something that can wait. If have experienced a pipe rupture or suspect your home’s piping may be malfunctioning, don’t hesitate any longer—just call Roy’s! Our emergency helpline is open 24/7/365 so schedule your service appointment by calling us today!
Roy’s Plumbing, Heating & Cooling specializes in home improvement installations and repair services. Family-owned and operated since 1974, we’ve built our reputation on four decades of superior customer care and expert service. With quality, reliability and efficiency always in mind, Roy’s Plumbing, Heating & Cooling is committed to providing outstanding service and quality work. And that commitment is paying off: in 2012, Roy’s was named Buffalo’s Best Plumber by Artvoice, a popular newsweekly.