As the temperatures rise during the summer months in Buffalo, NY, keeping your home cool and comfortable becomes a top priority. However, with increased energy usage for air conditioning, it’s essential to be mindful of your energy consumption and strive for efficiency. In this blog, Roy’s Plumbing, Heating, Cooling & Electrical Services shares expert tips on how to achieve energy-efficient cooling for a comfortable summer while saving on energy bills.
- Optimize Your Thermostat Settings: Set your thermostat to the highest temperature that is comfortable for you and your family. Every degree you raise the temperature can result in significant energy savings. Consider using a programmable or smart thermostat that allows you to set temperature schedules based on your daily routine, so you can adjust settings when you’re away from home.
- Seal Air Leaks: Air leaks in your home, such as gaps around windows and doors, can allow warm air to enter your home and make your air conditioner work harder. Seal these air leaks with weatherstripping or caulking to keep the cool air inside and reduce your cooling costs.
- Regularly Clean and Maintain Your HVAC System: Dirty air filters and clogged coils can reduce the efficiency of your HVAC system, forcing it to work harder to cool your home. Clean or replace air filters regularly, and schedule professional HVAC maintenance to ensure your system is running efficiently.
- Use Fans and Ventilation: Use ceiling fans or portable fans in conjunction with your air conditioner to help circulate the cool air and create a more comfortable environment. Additionally, use natural ventilation by opening windows and doors during cooler evenings or early mornings to allow fresh air to flow through your home.
- Consider Energy-Efficient Cooling Systems: If your current air conditioning system is outdated, consider upgrading to a more energy-efficient model. Look for systems with high SEER (Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio) ratings, which indicate greater energy efficiency and lower operating costs.
- Seek Professional Help: Don’t hesitate to call Roy’s for advice from an experienced HVAC technician. We can assess your home’s cooling needs, provide recommendations for energy-efficient upgrades, and perform regular maintenance to optimize your HVAC system’s performance.
Energy-efficient cooling during the summer months in Buffalo, NY is achievable by following these tips from Roy’s Plumbing, Heating & Cooling. Just give us a call at 716-218-1106 and we’ll help you stay comfortable while saving on your energy bills!