Electrician gets shocked

Electrical work is complicated, hazardous, and requires professional training and skillsets. Most people tend to underestimate the dangers of electrical faults. However, little do they know that electrical faults are the leading cause of residential fires, and short circuits account for over 50% of all electrical fires. Therefore, it’s crucial to ensure that your home’s electrical system is well-maintained and in top shape to prevent any risks of electrical hazards. In this blog post, we delve into 5 common scenarios when you shouldn’t leave anything to chance when it comes to electrical safety.

  1. Flickering or dimming lights: If you’ve noticed your lights flickering or dimming for no apparent reason, it’s time to schedule a call with an electrician. This could be a sign of a faulty connection or an overloaded circuit. The sooner it gets fixed, the less likely it is to cause a complete electrical failure in your home.
  2. Electrical shocks: If you’ve been getting small electrical shocks when you touch a light switch or a power outlet, it’s a sign that something is not right. It could be due to an electrical short circuit, or there may be a problem with the wiring. In any case, it’s always best to get it checked.
  3. Circuit breaker tripping: Circuit breakers are designed to prevent electrical short circuits and overloading. However, if your circuit breaker keeps tripping, it could be a sign of a more significant problem. In such an instance, it’s best to call in an electrician to assess the problem and avoid an electrical fire.
  4. Burning smell: If you smell something burning but can’t identify the source, it may be due to wiring or electrical faults. This can pose a severe risk to your home and family, and it’s advisable to switch off the power and call in an electrician immediately.
  5. Old wiring: If your home is over 20 years old, it’s likely that the wiring system is outdated. As houses age, electrical wiring can become frayed or damaged, leading to malfunctions and safety hazards. If you notice old wiring in your home, it’s time to get it replaced.

When it comes to electrical problems in your home, it’s always best to act quickly and call in a licensed electrician. Not only will it ensure your safety, but it can also prevent any further complications from developing. Remember, electrical malfunctions can pose severe risks, so never take any chances and rely on a licensed electrician from Roy’s. Contact us at 716-218-1106 for trusted service today and have peace of mind knowing that your home is safe and secure!

Scroll to Top