Rewarding Plumbing, HVAC & Electrical Careers in Buffalo & Western NY
Creating a worry-free service experience takes teamwork, resources, dedication, and skill. Here at Roy’s, we recognize that our employees are the most important asset we have, and we strive to give them the training, tools, and supportive environment they need to succeed.
Do you want to help people in your community through industry-leading quality of work while taking your skills to the next level? If so, we may have the perfect career opportunity for you!
Why Join the Roy’s Team?
We Provide Stable, Recession-Proof Careers
Proudly serving Western New York since 1973, Roy’s catalog of home services includes plumbing, heating, cooling, bathroom remodeling, and electrical services.
What’s more, despite the challenges of the COVID-19 pandemic, we grew our team by 30% and completed more than 22,000 plumbing, HVAC, remodeling, and electrical services in 2020. We’re growing, and that means we have even more opportunities for talented individuals to join our team!
We Invest in Our People
Roy’s is recognized as an industry leader and employer of choice in Western New York. This is because our values and culture center around:
- Being motivated to learn and grow beyond our current knowledge and skillset.
- Creating worry-free service experiences for our customers through teamwork, resources, dedication and skill.
- Doing the job right–the first time, every time.
- Giving every team member the tools and resources they need to grow, both professionally and personally, helping them to achieve their aspirations and exceed our expectations.
As an equal opportunity employer, we believe in the growth and development of every team member, regardless of their background. We offer exciting job opportunities at all skill levels and areas of experience, including those seeking post-military employment. We even have select part-time positions available to high school and college students looking to get a head start in their careers.
Our aim is to hire candidates who are willing to learn and master new skills. We accomplish this by providing our team members with the very best training and all the tools they need to succeed.
Peek into our training program:
- It’s a team sport. Junior technicians participate in a “ride-along” mentorship program with senior technicians to grow their technical skillset and customer service confidence.
- Earn licenses. Many technicians earn licenses at various levels of skill and experience, including apprentice, journeyman and master.
- Practice in the lab. All technicians participate in regularly scheduled workshops in our state-of-the-art training space. There, they hone new skills and demonstrate what they have learned before going into the field.
- We support our support staff. All new support staff members and customer service representatives are enrolled in a two-week training program that teaches them the terminology, knowledge and skills they need to deliver the highest quality service possible to our customers.
We Provide Excellent Perks and Benefits
We believe in properly compensating our employees for the work and value they bring to the table.
Hourly employees receive a competitive wage and benefits that meet or exceed local and national union standards. Nearly all our hourly employees work full-time, 40 hours per week, with select opportunities for overtime. Specific sales roles receive a commission.
Salaried employees receive compensation that is individually determined and commensurate with their position, experience level and responsibilities.
Some of the benefits offered at Roy’s include:
- Medical & Dental Insurance (company or union-paid premiums)
- IRA/Retirement Plans (with employer match)
- FSA/Flexible Spending Account
- PTO/Paid Time Off
- Paid, On-the-Job Training
- Opportunities for Advancement
- Company-Supplied Tools, Uniform, PPE
- Company Cell Phone
- Company Truck for Work Hours
- And many more!
After 90 days of service at Roy’s, most technicians qualify for enrollment in local or national unions, allowing them to access their union-funded healthcare benefits, pension and/or annuity funds, annual pay increases, vacation time, and more. Non-union employees become eligible for employer-funded healthcare, vacation time, optional flexible spending, and retirement benefits with matching.
Hear What Our Employees Have to Say About Working at Roy’s
“They offer the flexibility and benefits that every parent looks for.”
I’ve worked at Roy’s for 3 years, and it has been the right choice for my family. They offer the flexibility and benefits that every parent looks for when choosing where to work. On the job, Roy’s gives me the resources I need to help my team succeed. They always take my ideas into consideration, and I feel like my opinions are valued.–Robert N, Office Manager
“The team is great about helping one another. I genuinely like my colleagues.”
The team is great about working together and helping one another. I genuinely like my colleagues and appreciate how Roy’s regularly plans events that get the whole team together to have fun. As a mom, the benefits and flexibility give me peace of mind when it comes to my family. Because of these things, Roy’s stands out.–Sarah L, Install Coordinator
“Roy’s believes in me. They give me opportunities to learn new skills and grow.”
I appreciate how everyone treats me with respect and recognizes the value I bring to the company. Roy’s believes in me and my capabilities. They give me opportunities to learn new skills and grow with the company. I’m excited about what the future will bring.–Greg H., Warehouse Worker
Available Positions at Roy’s Plumbing, Heating and Cooling
Roy’s is continuously hiring talented individuals in the following areas: