Tankless Water Heater Services in Buffalo
Tankless Water Heaters in Buffalo
As your Buffalo tankless water heater repair experts, one of the things we love most about these systems is how little they breakdown.
Unlike conventional units, tankless water heaters don’t have those big, space consuming tanks that are constantly threatening to spring a leak. That doesn’t mean that they are maintenance-free, or that they won’t develop problems over the course of their life (which happens to be 5-10 times longer than that of a tanked unit), however – the key to a happy water heater is solid, routine maintenance.
At Roy’s Plumbing, we want you to make the most out of your tankless water heater. In order to do that, it has to be working 100% efficiently at all times, providing you only the best in .
Though these systems can last up to 20 years before needing serious work, so if yours has recently become sluggish or has stopped providing the ideal amount of hot water, it’s time to consider a water heater replacement.
Signs You Need a Tankless Water Heater Replacement
- Age: Tankless systems often remain in good condition for 20 years, so if yours is hitting that milestone or getting close it may be time to think about replacing it with a newer, more energy efficient system.
- Lack of hot water: By definition, these systems do not have bulky tanks where the water gets heated. Instead, water passes over a specialized heating element and is heated on demand before it reaches the faucet. This means there’s no hot water storage. But, if you notice that the water temperature you desire is sub-par at most, then it’s probably a good idea to upgrade the unit to a newer model.
- Energy savings: Tankless water heaters are more energy efficient than traditional tank-based heaters because they don’t heat water 24/7. But, if you happen to notice that it takes longer to heat your water, its efficiency may be going down. Replacing your unit would change that significantly.
Tankless Water Heater Maintenance
Most manufacturers recommended that tankless water heaters be professionally inspected every six months to two years, depending on model and frequency of use. If you’re looking for a good rule of thumb, it’s safe to say that in most cases, maintenance should occur on annually. The number one maintenance item to pay attention to in your water heater’s service regimen is a process called “flushing.”
What’s so important about this maintenance?
- Flushing your tankless water heater removes sediment build up.
- It also helps to eliminate problems associated with rust and corrosion.
- Without any build up or corrosion, everything can flow freely and constantly, giving you a steady supply of clean, fresh water.
Tankless Water Heater Repair
You and your family use water a lot every, single day so with or without maintenance, your tankless water heater is going to inevitably need repairs at least once. Of course, repairs will be needed sooner on a system that hasn’t had regular maintenance.
So, if you notice anything out of the ordinary going on with your hot water – fluctuating temperatures, your demand of hot water isn’t being met, etc – it’s time to call in the experts at Roy’s Plumbing.
Roy’s Plumbing, Heating & Cooling are your local Buffalo tankless water heater experts! Call today for any service: installation, repair or maintenance – We do it all!